Eight Things You Didn’t Know About Google +
When people talk about social media networks they usually mention LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter first with Google+ ranking lower down their list. They fail to realise that Google+ is the middle child of digital marketing platforms, quickly growing up to perhaps over take its bigger brothers!
If social media is part of your marketing strategy for your business or organisation, you should be using Google+.
Here are eight things that you didn’t know about Google+ that might persuade you to use it:
1) Vic Gundotra is widely believed to have been the man behind Google+ which was launched on June 28th, 2011. The following month in July 2011, the Google+ iPhone app became the most popular free application in the Apple App Store. So isn’t it worth using Google+?
2) According to Google, Google+ had 540 million active users in October 2013 and a survey at the time found 30 per cent of smartphone owners used the Google Plus app at least once a month. You don’t want to miss out on this captive audience, do you?
3) Google loves anything Google owns, like YouTube, so if you use Google + regularly, it will help to get your website ranked on the first page when people search for your businesses within your industry.
4) People who click the +1 button are endorsing your business, which will boost your SEO ranking.
5) If you include a Review section on your profile it will improve your reputation and help to increase your profile.
6) If you have a well written, full profile description, Google will treat your page more favourably in searches than businesses that don’t.
7) The more you post, the greater your expertise will appear to the people in your circles, which should help you reach your sales targets.
8) Google has invested a lot of money in Google+ so it is here to stay. Maybe it’s time you invested more time and energy in Google+ too.
If you need any help improving your Google+ profile or content, just get in touch with Let’s Get Social, Open Space Advertising Limited. Telephone 01206 823780 or email firstname.lastname@example.org